Matthew KitsonDirector, Middle East
Matthew is a Regional Director for Hilson Moran, based in our Qatar office. He is responsible for all projects that are run from the office. Matt leads with a design ethos to develop well-engineered, functional buildings and masterplans that are sustainable and environmentally progressive.
Starting his career as a mechanical engineer, Matthew went on to specialise in the application of advanced environmental computer modeling, managing environmental specialist teams at a number of leading consulting engineers. Matthew is a regular speaker on environmentally responsible design and sustainable solutions at national and international summits and universities.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Chartered Engineer—Engineering Council
- Grade A Environmental Engineer—MMUP Qatar
- Certified Green Professional GSAS—Building Topology and Sports
- BEng (Hons) in Environmental Engineering
- Member Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers
- Member American Society of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers
Projects worked on:
Tameer Towers and National Bank of Abu Dhabi HQ
- Innovation in modern architecture: Coinciding geometry with engineering
- Structural challenges of highly complex geometrical facades
- General masterplanning arrangements and principles
- Techniques to measure solar radiation from masterplanning